This alternative PCB is an ESD protection and signal conditioning device.
This device is a simple solution that features:
- HDMI 1.4, 2.0 & 2.1
- 8 kV contact ESD protection
- DC (I2C) link protection, bidirectional signal conditioning circuit, and dynamic pull-up
- CEC bus protection
- HPD pulls down, signal conditioning with level shifter and backdrive protection
The GOOD STUFF!!
- Short-circuit protection on 5V output
- Wake-up from standby through CEC bus
- Long and/or poor quality cable support with dynamic pull-up on DDC bus
The WARNING STUFF!!
This is aimed at the experienced / professional repair community as a best effort alternative. Quality tools, experience with removing IC’s and micro soldering is requirement not a recommendation! The removal of the old U21 glass BGA IC HDMIDP1-5F6 is required before install. Not to mention the diagnostic skills to rule out the following before hand:
- HDMI port
- HDMI Re-Driver IC
- HDMI TVS diodes
This alternative will also make an excellent diagnostic tool. If you are used to rebuilding pads for torn HDMI traces, USB-C ports etc, this will be easy for you. With only 14 jumper wires to run, once installed, testing can be started in under 45 minutes (if you take your time).
Full, easy to follow instructions will be provided along with a detailed install video.
Here is our preview video https://youtu.be/rSTxVptC724
To register your interest, please fill in the form below.